Saturday, November 1, 2008

Bible puzzles

Puzzles are a great way to teach a bible account. In our class we have taken bible time pictures and cut them into pieces to make a puzzle. We give each child a piece of the puzzle and as we go over the lesson the children help put the puzzle together. It's a good way to keep the children focused b/c they have to pay attention to lesson in order to know when their puzzle piece should be added. They also look forward to seeing the finished picture. This puzzle was used in our lesson on the wise men visiting Jesus. It was cut into 12 pieces so I made 12 parts to the bible account and had each child add their piece as we got to that part of the lesson.

Take any bible time picture and cut it into pieces ( as few or many as you like)

draw and number a puzzle board ( I actually drew it on a magnetic dry erase board when I taught the lesson)
number the puzzle pieces to match the numbers on the board. (Make sure the picture is put together right before numbering)
As you go over the lesson have children add pieces. I told the bible account in 12 parts and had the children come up in order...this picture is just so you can see what it looks like. I obviously did not put the pieces on in order.

1 comment:

Diana Dow said...

Hi! I found your blog while working on Bible class material. I hope to come back and visit again. I also have a blog on teaching Bible class. Come visit when you get a chance.

Diana Dow
Diary of a Bible Class Teacher

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...