A CLUSTER OF “GRAPE” EVENTS
From brown poster board, make a large stem. I used a tree stem and modified it a little to look like a grape stem. Using a medium sized bowl, I traced circles onto purple construction paper for grapes. This was easy to do, so I made multiple grapes for all the different activities.
1. On each grape, write a part of the story about the spies being sent into the promise land. As you tell the story, add a grape onto the stem to make a large cluster of grapes.
2. After the lesson about the spies, turn it into a center or a review game. Mix up the grapes and have the children place the grapes in the correct order of the story.
3. On other grapes, write different words to the memory verse you are leaning at the time as well as the reference. Scramble the words and have the children put them in the correct order as they form a grape cluster.
Grape Events: (What to put on each grape)
1. God told Moses to send one man from each tribe to explore the land of Canaan. (13:1)
2. Moses told the men to see what the land, people, and food were like in the area., and to see if they could bring back some fruit. (13:17-20)
3. They traveled from the Desert of Zin to Rehob to Lebo Hanath to Negev and Hebron. (13:21-22)
4. At the Valley of Eschol the men found a cluster of grapes to bring back to Moses. (13:23)
5. The cluster of grapes was so big that two men had to carry the grapes on a pole between them. (13:23)
6. After 40 days of exploring, the men came back to Moses to report. (13:24)
7. 10 of the spies told Moses that the land flowed with milk and honey and the people, who were like giants, lived in great fortified cities. (13:27-29)
8. Caleb and Joshua told Moses that the Israelites would be able to take the land and should take it. (13:30)
9. The 10 other spies were scared and did not want to take the land because the people living there were too great. (13:31-33)
10. After the Israelites heard both reports, they began to complain to Moses and Aaron about having to come here only to die. (14:1-4)
11. Because the Israelites complained, God told Moses that none of them would see the Promised Land (14:20-23)
12. The Israelites wandered in the desert for 40 years. (14:33)
A Grape Memory Verse (on each grape write a part of the memory verse)
Grape #1 – If God
Grape #2 – is for us
Grape #3 – who can
Grape #4 – be against
Grape #5 – us?
Grape #6 – Romans
Grape #7 – 8
Grape #8 - :
Grape #9 - 31