Follow these steps to make this easy game:
- Take all the letters out of the packages.
- Decide what words you want to review with your children from the lessons.
- On your poster board, layout the letters you need to spell the words you have chosen.
- With a pencil, trace the letters on the posterboard and remove the magnetic letters.
- Using a sharpie, trace around the pencil outline to highlight the outline of each letter.
- After you have filled the posterboard with words, laminate it and then cut each word out.
This game is easy for the children to play. For 4 year olds, this helps them with letter identification. For 5 year olds, it helps with letter recognition as well as beginning to read. As the children play the game, have them match the letters to the poster board words. When a word is completed, help the children sound the word out and then ask them about the word (what story is came from, who the person is, what it means, etc). The kids really enjoy playing this game and don't realize they are really reviewing.