Friday, October 10, 2008

Melody Mondays - King David

I have not put this song on here earlier because I could not remember where I found it. I want to be sure to give credit to people and places when I use their ideas. I still have not found it, but when I do, I will put the credit up here. Again, this is a song we put in our David's Song Book to use in teaching about his life. It is a rebus song. I hope you enjoy it!


King David


(Tune: Mary Had a Little Lamb)




Verse 1: When David was a little boy, little boy, little boy


When David was a little boy, he played his harp his favorite toy.




Verse 2: Little lambs were watched by him, watched by him, watched by him,


Little lambs were wathced by him, David kept them fed and trim.





Verse 3: Saul was king and loved his crown, loved his crown, loved his crown



Saul was king and loved his crown but all he ever did was frown.



Verse 4: David came to cheer the king, cheer the king, cheer the king,



David came to cheer the king, a song so lovely he did sing.



Verse 5: When David grew to be a man, to be a man, to be a man,



When David grew to be a man, he wore the crown which was God's plan.



Verse 6: David's life turned out to be, turned out to be, turned out to be,



David's life turned out to be a light to lead you and me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...