Saturday, July 25, 2009

Trash-Filled Thursdays - Paper Roll Fire

The last lesson we have about Jesus's life is him preparing breakfast by the sea for His friends. To teach this lesson, I built a campfire and we gather around the campfire to hear the lesson. Then, I let them act out the story (will blog about that later) and finish that with our own breakfast by the sea - fishsticks. The kids love this lesson and the props we use in it.
The campfire is made very simply. I found a piece of cardboard and many toilet paper and paper towel rolls. Using the bigger rolls, I built a base for the fire on the card board just by hot glueing the rolls to the cardboard. Then, using the other rolls, I just built the fire up, again using hot glue to hold it all in place. Lastly, I used red, yellow and orange paper to make the flames, glueing them into the fire as well.
We enjoy this prop and this lesson very much.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...